Monday, July 15, 2013

Unsung Writers



A note: This article was intentionally written for my Facebook friends.

Today I wrote something on my wall:  “I am not going to post any articles on this social network again. And for one last try, I will leave a link to my blog. I had enough of wasting and saving breaths. Thanks for those who were following.”  

Not so sure how brutal this confession may sound, but I’ve made up my mind to speak it out completely. It’s not my intention to put the cat among the pigeons though – I couldn’t care less – it’s now or never.

It could have been more gratifying if you took time reading my articles, but only few did. I knew it from the start. And so whatever alibis you’ve got, save it for Oprah. I had enough of saving and wasting breaths.

From now on you won’t be hearing anything about my journey while I won’t be seeing your unnecessary “like” signs because all I ever wanted was for you to read them. I am not going to buy any of these pretenses again. It’s all off – I’m up bringing my world in the open – better off.

More than just telling stories, I did my hardest to get a conversation out of you in years. I realized it wasn’t worth talking and trying. Then let me be one of those unsung writers. I had enough of insisting my pursuit to be noticed, and of barking up the wrong tree here on this social network.

I don’t want to be a famous writer. It isn’t my ultimate intention in life – I write to tell my day-to-day whereabouts when by words of mouth isn’t enough – nothing less, nothing more.

In all honesty just want to share my heart out to people I thought the right ones, but I always found the contrary. The right ones were the wrong ones, and vice versa.

As much as possible I don’t want to fall for the “like” sign because it never gives me accuracy who’s reading what. My blog’s statistic does and so people couldn’t lie to me saying they’ve read my posts. It will always leave marks of truth, but not on Facebook.

When writers (famous and aren’t yet) asked me to read their books, I always did. One big reason, I know how it feels like to be a writer. I also read books of not famous and even infamous authors – simply to give respect for their hard works. I don’t have to like them.

When bloggers plugged in their pieces of works, I never failed to read them. I really respect other bloggers and their labors. Besides, I understand how time consuming it is to run a blog. But even then, bloggers fail others and selfish at times. And so they don’t deserve following.

This is not how I should let the cat out of the bag – my hidden feeling towards lazy readers – gentleness won’t make any difference – again it’s today or never. After all, I’m treated the same among those unsung writers.


No comments: