Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Cats and Kittens

Bagoy when she was till small chasing scorpion
Ana when she was still young
 Except for giant dogs, no matter how tamed or harmless they are, I just can't pet them. People are right for telling me that dogs can really sense fear, but it's just me - not a fan of huge dogs. I love puppies though and that justifies me as an animal-lover.

I don't hate dogs, cats are just my preference - and kittens too. Besides, I was raised in a home were creatures like dogs or puppies were totally outside the circle. It's more of a cultural thing rather than being indifferent or mean. The good thing is, I've learned to love dogs as well the recent years of my life. If you've been following my blog, you could have read my articles about my own puppies.

One day, a kid at the center brought a kitty home from Pagoda. It was the ugliest kind I've seen - unfriendly, quiet, and not cute. All she did was to sleep near the warm oven made of clay all day long. Despite that, she won some hearts especially me. My kid named her Bagoy.

And then, another kitty welcomed in months after Bagoy came. She was exactly the same - ugly,  quiet, and not cute - who also found comfort near warm ovens. We named her Ana.

Those looks didn't matter - they deserved to live - they needed some love and cares even if they remained strange kittens to other beholders. As for me, and for as long as I'm around, I'll be their greatest fan.

More than magic can do, everything has changed - they are no longer unpleasant tiny kittens they used to - they have grown up beautiful and adorable. In season and out of season, they stood the test of times - from fearful ones to fearless mothers - multiplying their offspring - not sure till when.

Ana's first delivery - with four kittens
Ana's second delivery - with four kittens
 Ana just delivered four lovely kittens last week for the second time. Unfortunately, one got killed by an unknown big cat. I was told it was the father cat that did it. Not sure how true, but people here told me that a father cat usually kills a male kitten because it's a threat to them (male cats).

In some ways it's true because another big cat killed three of her kittens in the past as well - only one survived - we named him My-my. He stays here at the center - active and playful - now my favorite cat.

Every night, I'm doing my best to protect the remaining kittens. Crazy me, but I let them sleep near me in the evening to make sure they survive. They are so irresistible and very cute. Meanwhile, Bagoy is also pregnant and soon will give birth - hopefully this time her kittens will live - her first baby died. It's gonna be another watchful-night to do.


The only thing I am sad about is that these kids at the center don't really care about animals. And so it's another campaign to do. I've been doing it since we lost one kitty the other day. It happened when I was at the tournament. If I was here, it won't probably happen.

Can't wait to see these lovely kittens grow and live their own.

Cats and kittens?

Yes, I love them!

No comments: