Thursday, February 14, 2013

Thoughtful Hearts

...A gift from my kids on Heart's Day...

"What's up with this network?" I complained trying to browse some cliche posts on my Facebook home. A click more would probably ruin my day, annoyed. Thanks to You Tube for diverting my attention away - if not, it would be another unnecessary struggle minding unimportant things around.

Well, you deserve to know for reading this article. Don't worry, got no intention of calling you nosy, and if I had, then should have kept it to myself. After all, they were only cliche-ridden propaganda friends took time noticing, and which I find corny.

"Here they are again!" I mumbled in irritation. As if I had the rights to show such attitude. Yet, the more I wondered, the same messages kept coming in and back every single day for a week.

"What????" my endless nitpick. And before another quibble started, one's thoughtful greetings changed everything, which brought me to my senses.

"Happy Valentine's Day, teacher Al!" one of the staff greeted.

"Oh, yeah. I totally forgot!" I said instead of wishing back soon. I didn't understand, but felt like I owed people an apology or an explanation for carping in a while. "Happy Valentines, too!"

I told someone what happened in defense of my actions, but I was barking up the wrong tree. She isn't a fan of a Heart's Day either for her strong stand on Buddhism. I was told. So blogging it would do, hopefully.

Sorry for not so sentimental about this occasion- my forgetfulness is to blame mainly, but I have another issue going on - my decision to refrain from so many commercialized stuff.

Thanks to a thoughtful heart when all these cliches seemed didn't work for me - in some points they do - a spoken greetings to remind me that it is the thought what actually counts. 

"Daddy, we have something for you. Happy Valentine's Day!" The kids surprised me with a gift. I wasn't expecting that since I no longer keep track of this kind of celebration. But then, it's all about these thoughtful hearts appreciating a father's love.

Thanks to sweet individuals for remembering me today - when all I thought everything was just a typical flier to commemorate Saint Valentine's effort years ago - a usual way to anticipate this day.

Happy Heart's Day!

...Kids' gesture of love to a Father...

No comments: