Monday, October 3, 2011

TNT: Treat ‘n Trick

Photobucket

…A treat…

All of a sudden, I was craving for a cake. I don’t really fancy cake over fruits or chips for snacks – this time was so bowled over for buying a slice. Unbelievable!

Lately today I had a piece of Glazed Chocolate Cake!

I had one reason for choosing over a cake (any cake would do though). I thought of having a shift delight than my usual in-between-meals. It would be a great idea since I couldn’t have such in the village. And so I did!

Certainly to celebrate my holiday and the numerous blessings I received – through a cake. My watery mouth could not wait to have it consumed. It looked delicious!

So I had my first scoop of a cake to take pleasure in. And then a scoop after another hopefully to gratify my craving from this cake’s sweet savor.

Photobucket

…A Trick…

I was tricked!

It didn’t come out as predicted. The cake was only alluring my big eyes could see. It was very fool of me not to remember anything.

Suddenly I realized I had this before by mistake. It was exactly the same way as I was tricked today. But four years was too long ago to recall – not that I had it again.

And today I had a piece of Glazed Chocolate Cake.

What a name!

Yes. It only sounded good but the taste was a real glaze – boringly glazed indeed. It tasted funny, too. And what could I do? I’ve discovered the moment of truth after three scoops of attempts. Sorry.

As regrettable as it was, but it would not change a thing – a treat is treat, and a trick is a trick.

A treat to be grateful for the many good things I bountifully received.

And a trick so I would learn a lesson from the same mistake I had.

That's life...sometimes we get a treat and sometimes we get tricked.

And at times we also get both - a treat 'n trick.

Photobucket

No comments: