Sunday, October 8, 2017

Early Nostalgia



Homesickness brought me in YouTube yesterday. My soul was so desperate to hear a song in particular–a Christmas one. As soon as I played that three-year-old revival record, sang by my favorite artist, I felt Noel is calling me home. I listened to it until I napped the afternoon away. And when I got up from that long siesta, I still had the same song in my mind. It was the first one I enjoyed and also the LSS (Last Song syndrome) of the day.


Funny me, but I have had it on repeat the whole day from noon until evening. It was my lullaby for my nap and was the rhythm for my exercise and my soul’s only MRS (Most Requested Song) all through dinner. What an early nostalgia! Because going home for Christmas is already in my bucket lists this year. I’m just kind of excited and can’t wait to spend time with my family and friends back there for this long awaited season. For now, let this early, nostalgic drama gets me. I’m beginning to count my remaining days in this current work place.  

No comments: