Friday, May 24, 2013

DONE



“There you go again like a stereo!” my conscience speaks, scolding. However, my emotion is disagreeing this time. Have to say what I ought to for friends know. Then, I am out of this concern after this last message – no more of this in the future.

Just this week, I have posted four different messages in a row on my timeline as my status on Facebook. Let me restate them along with my explanation. It may be a waste time to do so, but want to give individuals still the benefit of the doubt for acting so defensive, for being so denial, and for making alibis just to cover up guilty.

 “I still don’t understand what Facebook is for.”

I start with this unexplained post. Friends thought (only an assumption) that I’m putting the blame on this social network, but to be honest – a big NO! Nobody knew what I was thinking because I failed to give a comment about this indirect statement leaving others themselves to predict. Well, I only had one implication for such a status – that this amazing access we now have is supposed to be for communication, to reach out, to reconnect, and to show care – not to pretend like a living dead.

My mistake, of course, for pushing friends to have the same thinking as I am – we are not. There I deleted the message realizing that each person thinks differently as a matter of truth.

Has anyone clicked a “like” or gave a comment on this? No one had, but I was trying hard to understand or respect his or her deafening response.

Another indirect post followed in hope of something. I wrote... "Want to post something not cliches, but even then, I still don't get as many likes this guy expects." With one intention, but to express a simple connotation - that it feels useless to give friends updates in this site or in my blog because they don't really appreciate my effort.

I was right in a sense referring to unappreciative people, but I was also wrong in a sense referring to very few true friends who are always there to appreciate and rejoice with me.

When I think about those posts, it taught me lesson that will also teach my friends somehow - never ever fit in to anyone who does not deserve your true affection and care. Leave them behind or unfriend them or block them as possible. And I wont regret for saying this or for posting those messages because it was good still to express what I had in mind to shatter the silence.

Again, another direct message I posted this morning driven by the same classic situation - wish I didn't do, but I had to because of the presence of transcendent friends in the chat room. Thanks to friend for the likes and for the comments. This was my message: "Sometimes or many times, I don't want to start a conversation to someone here on Facebook - that's when I am tempted to unfriend or block a person. I just did few minutes ago. I used to have almost 700 friends, now look what I got - 219."

I think this message is clear enough and doesn't need a supplementary justification. Period.

Here is the last one I've posted today on Facebook, in different account: "From now on, I will never initiate a chat on Facebook or like the post of undeserving people or give a kind comment to the living dead." Before I forgot, I have two Facebook accounts, which many of you already knew.

In case you want to know my motive behind this message, here is it anyway - treat your Facebook friends the way they treat you. I got some lists for you to elaborate my statement further:
  • Not every friend deserves a "like" sign.
  • Never initiate a chat among living dead again – once or twice is enough.
  • Do not hesitate to unfriend someone – I already unfriended many.
  • You can block any pretentious friends if you want to – I did like over hundred times. That’s a provision of a “block” for.
  • They don’t need you, obviously, and so you don’t need friends like them, too.
It is fair enough, isn't it? After all, this is just Facebook – a social networking service – half-truth, half-lies – nothing personal or serious matter to mind and muddle. As I said, it’s no longer my concern, then I’m done with this issue.

D-O-N-E-, done!


No comments: