Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Intention




It’s one of those abstract things in the open – you’ll only see what’s in the surface – one must tell his or her hidden agenda for others to grasp a purpose – then what you see isn’t what you always get.

When I asked a friend such seemingly stupid question, it was out of curiosity since I don’t really know that person or the subject matter too well. But my friend got the wrong impression misjudging my intention – to her it was plain arrogance, for me it was being ingenuous or misinformation.

As long as a person is honest enough to reveal his true intention, then no one else can define it clear as a day. Sad to say, no one can please everyone – people will always find even a speck of fault out of you – to question your purest intention.

Then, we should be careful in what we do making every action without a shred of doubt or else it’s time to see the error of your ways.

“Why did you choose Cambodia of all the counties in Asia?” I asked him, a new friend.

“Because I want to help the poor, I want to do this and that for the country, blah, blah, blah.He said.

The first few days I believed him, yet something turned out different lately. The more I got to know him every single day, his true color faded away – he’s a wolf in disguise ready to devour a prey.

Do I misjudge him?

No, I don’t think so. He lets me define his intentions through his actions – two irreconcilable things – an action and an intention which is very oxymoron. I am no longer a fan of this pretension – a feigned philanthropy and yet very miscreant. It chills me to the bone.

“I don’t get it why a lot of foreigners are destroying my reputation when my intention is to help.” He whined so many times.

“You brought it to yourself!”  I said in silence.

Wish I’m blunt enough, but no matter how he’s being reminded like countless times – he does his own things – he is such a trouble maker. He keeps doing this volunteering stuff with his hidden but cruel intention – to satisfy his lustful desire, a Casanova.

Does he deserve more tolerance or a wide margin of error?

No! In fact, we used to have big plans together – an ambitious business in the future – not anymore. This will be another unbearable ride to endure or another dubious intention to predict.

Our connection must end here, but I will leave for others to read his intention. To the ones I know and care about – almost his victims – I‘ll do my best to protect them.

Whatever intention we may have – whether the cruelest or the purest of all – no one who can define it but us alone.


No comments: