Monday, April 9, 2012

NOT MY FAVORITE DAY AGAIN

PhotobucketPhotobucket

It isn't because today is my brother's birthday or the 9th of April. Maybe just a coincidence as many would think of it. If he had to make a party, I'd still don't want to kill that joy anyway. He would have my heart and full support on this. Thank God he is not around to feel bad. 

But today is today and I cant deny it. 

No offense!

For honesty sake, it's always the one I hate to think about. I guess this feeling is true to many volunteer workers in Cambodia as well. As much as I wanted to ignore this day, it's beyond my control. I had to put my shoes on, wear my jacket including helmet, and then ride a motorbike to the border. I needed a visa stamp in my passport.

I was already on a holiday since last weekend - enjoying the company of my kids; graciously feasting fully to the brim; adoring every scenery my eyes could see, but then I had to leave the place this morning unhappy. I knew it is going to be another uncomfortable detour.


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
 

So true. 

And who would be happy to wait for a bus in the middle of the road under the sun? 

No one for sure. 

It was another test of patience as the slowest bus in the world was finally coming to me after waited for two, long hours. I could not miss the bus so I had to watch for it carefully.

Who could stand another four-hour ride back and forth to the border? 


It's was a dilemma. 

If I had a choice, I'd choose the easiest one. But this one was the only thing I can afford. Then no matter how exhausted I was from the past rides since Friday, I cant resist to be in another long ride today -so tired to death.

Who could stand a long motorbike ride while the sun stings you hurtfully? 


I had to. 

This is when I had to comfort myself for having such agony. All I had to do was to wear a jacket and cap in the middle of summer. Forget about the long day.Who would not be paranoid of an accident every now and then? 

Only tough ones. 

But even then no one is insusceptible to danger - we are all. This is when my prayer is earnestly doubled or more. Then at the end of the day, no matter how terrible it was, we are still blessed to have His embrace and protection.

Photobucket
Photobucket
 

Not only a matter of favorite, it's totally a pain in the neck. A hassle one could not wait to end. Lucky you when you haven't been traveling lately. I actually did and that's my point. Yet today was another agony for a long journey. 

I've been riding motorbikes from morning until just a few minutes before dusk. Now I'm home and have posted something on Facebook: got home from a long and winding road just before dusk. Thank God for the traveling mercy. This will certainly remind of the struggle I had today. The situation I would not anticipate again.Before I left the place to the border, I was praying for the right officers. This would mean a smooth processing. But it didn't happen for I had the wrong ones. I got a stamp though. And it didn't change a thing - I'd still say not my favorite day again.

No comments: