Friday, December 30, 2011

GRACE FOLLOWS ME

Photobucket
Photobucket

We are all afraid to commit mistake. I assume. It’s so annoying at times, but it is in those mistakes we learned our best. To business people for instance, making an error is a very delicate issue; so risky and expensive too. They’re careful enough because even a small mistake can become devastation. But even so, no one is perfect. We make mistake every now and then - major or minor. That’s when we realized we’re just mortals in need of the Grace of the Father.

I am not trying to be perfect but it is just so frustrating to be in such a situation. Again, that’s when I learned every precious lesson. If not new insights unlearned and unnoticed -at least in my case.

I am not ashamed to admit all my shortcomings for that’s when God’s grace always comes in. I don’t mean to make mistakes to feel His grace. What I am trying to say are unintentional mistakes.

I was heading to the hospital yesterday for a reason. Sure enough I took the right bus, but it took me to a wrong direction. So I got off and did what the driver advised me to do. It was annoying at first for it wasted my time, my effort, and money for nothing. What can I do? Nothing! I tried to relax and reflect on that simple mistake instead.

Surprised!

The bus I took the second time stopped in front of the hospital. It was not the way I expected. I have been taking this bus for ages. And it always went to different route. This is when I said “God’s grace always comes in.” I didn’t want to make mistakes, but it was in this scenario I felt His grace so strongly. And it is in His abounding grace I understand my limitations.

Isn’t it grace?

Photobucket

This wasn't the only situation caught my attention. I had so much to tell, this is just one of the latest stories I thought worth mentioning. I believe you sure do have stories as these to tell.

Yesterday afternoon two of my generous friends spent time with me. One prepared a very delicious dinner to rejoice the goodness of God over the year. And the other one simply expressed her support about my endeavor in the village - helping the kids. I call it grace...when no one really dared to care.

Minutes after I've written down my last draft for this article, a very thoughtful friend called. She invited me over for a meal. I went anyway. There with three more friends enjoying every Filipino specialty I haven't eaten for ages. And right there we prayed for one another and encouraged one another. We all felt assured of the Grace of God as we face another year in few hours time.

And then I went down to see my long-time land lady. She was delighted to see me with hugs and kisses. She is organizing a party tonight. She invited me over among with other friends. That's another grace specially when you have nowhere to spend the celebration - alone in a foreign land.

Grace, grace, and grace!

This year started with grace so abounding and so ended the same way. Even to this last day of the year, grace follows me. It was by His grace made every experience worthwhile. In good times His grace helps me become appreciative. In bad times His grace helps me understand all these.

There is nothing more I could say – grace follows me.

Have a Blessed New Year!

Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: