Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Thanks & See You Again


Few times in the past I was reminded by good friends of mine not to say a be-all and end-all statement quickly no matter how awful the situations are–as if it is the end of everything–the world is round after all.

This time I will only write two wonderful things–about thanksgiving and a farewell–nothing less, nothing more.

I had an awesome time in Laos, and it is completely undeniable–and truly unforgettable. I just cannot go on with my journey–for now. And so let me leave this country temporarily with a grateful heart no matter what had happened. 

Not my first here or not my last perhaps–see you again will be the right words to say. I don't know the exact time of my return but I still have the desire to visit this place in the future or the nearest. 

Who knows!?

We may not have the certainty of the future or what life has to give, but I always believe in thin end of the wedge. Maybe I needed to wait more or exercise my patience when things don't happen as expected. 

It is alright. 

Once I had a big dream for this country, and I thought it is going to happen this year, but I don't see a hint of fulfillment yet–hopefully next time–soon. Of course it doesn't mean it is already over. 

I am forever thankful for the many life-changing experiences here in Laos, but I need to move on again somewhere. 

So thanks for now and see you again, Laos and friends. 





No comments: