Monday, February 22, 2016

A Father's Love


I might be emotionally carried away with any movie that portrays the unconditional love of a dad, but still it won’t give me a genuine impression how it feels to have one–I was never attached to my father. Like millions of kids out there in the same boat, they will sympathize with me without a doubt.

This was one of the many wonderful things destiny had deprived me of growing up as a kid. But for every difficult life’s story ever told, sure a lesson to learn or can spring from. I had mine. Above all, I moved on from that awful circumstance.

Sorry to say, it’s a long story.

Who never wanted a father’s love??? Every human being has this utmost desire, but there are things in life that are totally out of our hands. It is undeniably painful, but we must not embrace this agony for too long or else we will never give other people a chance to love us. I think it helped me personally instead of dwelling to the notion of hope springs eternal.

It took me a long time to let go, but not forever. After all it is not how fast one can recover. From my very experience, accepting it little by little is what I needed. No rush. It was I’d say my way of coping up.

Honest to goodness, I didn’t experience such kind of love, but it doesn’t make me less a loving father. And so it surprises me still to see or know how others pass the abusive, unloving behaviors of their father to their children. The same with the people I know even those who are close to my heart.

Life is not fair at all times, and in this life I have come to fully grasp that I don’t need to experience a father’s love to love a child–even not my own children–it is a choice. I have chosen to be loving as a person or as a farther myself. A father is not the only person who can influence someone to be loving, but good to those who have ones.

Whenever friends asked me about this around the table, I felt so uncomfortable. But that was long ago–not anymore. Things have changed since I allowed the greatest love of the heavenly father to transform my life and also by making a decision to stand up for what is right.
   
Like I said never had experienced the love of an earthly father in real life, but I have it. It is mine now to decide whether or not to follow the footsteps of my father.


A father’s love? You tell me!


No comments: