Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Traveling Mercy



As far as I understand, traveling mercy doesn’t seclude someone only in need of a protection or for having a sound trip, but it comes alongside with the provision and pleasure to reach a destination.

Almost all my life is spent in traveling, and so I can testify from this vista – a traveler’s need more than just tips and guides – to perceive mercy above all one like me should know.

I have been going in and out of this country a lot these past months – to learn deeply the grace of a Provider; to discover clearly the hands of a Protector; above all these, to be in a constant awe for the many surprises along the way.

It takes richness to be in this journey, but it only took me faith to live such privilege – an endless opening of doors to enjoy each trip – where everything wasn’t just a paper a way, but trusting the Father for all these blessings.

Thanks to friends for not sparing their homes and for sharing portions of their blessings to a passerby like me. I’m thankful especially to my Sustainer for bringing the right people to welcome me in during those travels that I may have a place to stay… and more. This is traveling mercy.

Now I’m back in Cambodia, but even then, surprises never stop as far as traveling is the talk of the day. Whether it’s a far distance or not, it doesn’t matter for it is always accompanied with mercy and grace.

Last week, I revisited Siem Reap for the fifth or sixth time not knowing what to expect. I’ve seen many of those important spots before, and so worried I might not enjoy the trip this time. But it was a blast. I discovered new places and rediscovered old places which left me wondered, amazed – it was a traveling mercy in the name of pleasure. I got to know the place well and was able to catch up with the latest developments the city has to offer.

On Sunday last weekend, the school where I’m currently teaching organized a boat party to welcome new teachers. It was a short distance boat ride on Tonle Sap but it was another traveling mercy to grasp God’s provision – without single cent spent taking pleasure in awesome sceneries before us.

“Are you really working out there or just playing around?” once asked by a friend.

I don’t know how much he understands about traveling mercy or the wonder of His grace, but it’s not something to feel guilty about. For me, in abundance or in drought His traveling mercy never ceases – for many times and in many ways but revealed beyond expectation – just learn to receive it freely.

May you always feel and seek His traveling mercy each single day of your journey – in long and short distances.


No comments: