Wednesday, April 18, 2018

A Family's Tradition



Behind me from where I stood taking a photo of the scenery was another story--a different picture to paint or to tell--a tradition that one particular group of people has been keeping for over a century. This annual observance which the locals called "Sen Daun Ta" is specifically to remember the ancestors and elders who have gone before them by offering prayers and food. In fact this is known throughout the country but not every family is a believer--only those from Chinese descendants. They usually celebrate this before the Khmer New Year. Since I am considered part of the family, I always see my self among this crowd every single year nearly a decade. I think so. Anyway, a tradition usually shapes people, but I see it in an odd way because I am strongly convinced that man should be above culture. Just saying.  


No comments: