Thursday, April 27, 2017

Unexpected Treat



Remember what I said in one of my posts that I only get friendship over and above staple? That is because the Father takes care the rest. Decades after decades, an all time favorite hymn is no constant reminder: "All I have needed Thy hands hath provided."Indeed, great is Thy faithfulness.

Part of my responsibilities is train inexperienced ESL volunteers from different parts of the world. From there they make a good career out of it. A few have looked and gave back and the rest have left their whereabouts untraced. But I expect nothing in return. There are just kind people like this guy. He has been our faithful friend, a partner, and supporter to my kids here. When I told him that I'd be doing a visa run, he knew what it was like. And so he gave me a treat-a Mexican dinner and a cozy room to stay for a night. Again, thank Thee for all these things.      

No comments: