Friday, February 27, 2015

Behind This Trip




While many are born leaders–who don’t mind the meticulousness and fragility of a particular task great or small; others are born the opposite–who want to remain nameless instead in spite of successes–but not in my blog–not this time.   

I call these individuals my backbones–for without them I’m also nothing. As I put life to the plan, they breathe on them and make each detail possibly meaningful.  

The educational trip we had lately wasn’t the first time or the only one I’ve organized my entire life, I had countless prior to this. And I never take the credit myself, but first and foremost belong to all the persons behind this. And I’m so thankful for their overwhelming kindness. 

My kids might not see their (our sponsors) hands working or feel their joy for us, but they understood that they are traveling with us. “They are journeying with us through spirits.” I told the kids.

For some reasons, the city-to-city trip was conceived, but without the help of friends, everything was in vain–so they deserve all the credits and applauds. 

One of our goals was to see historical places they have never been before–relearning them through the four senses. With this, they are brought back to their culture as the modernity of this world is trying hard diverting them from their roots.    

Another reason for this was to experience what is like to travel as tourists and learn from that experience–a taste of an outside world away from home. They talked about it but they never had an idea of the reality out there.

Third was to take a break from their extensive academic life–to learn to balance life. There’s time for everything. And they deserve a break for their hard work.

Part of the goals was also to remind them that there are still kind people out there like these sponsors–to teach them kindness. The world is full of greed people, but also with amazing people. 

Behind this trip are generous people–and behind their generosity comes joy that these kids will never forget for the rest of their lives.


No comments: