Wednesday, February 25, 2015

A Cup of Thanks




For as long as I live, my cup runs over with thanksgiving–it doesn’t matter how life’s turbulence tries to pull me down. And whether a bit or a gigantic shade of hope to see–I’m still forever grateful.

My apology for this extreme idleness the past weeks, I haven’t been this lazy. I slog a lot, you know that. I just had so much to take–fully to the brim, but my situation doesn’t make me ungrateful. 

Aside from my own personal issues, I’ve been traveling a lot out of the country; from city to city lately–where angel after angel was already there waiting before me. Now I got stories to write, to tell, and to thank for.

Bangkok is one of the mega cities my instinct is familiar with, but not when unexpected circumstance pops in the way–when wanderings happened at random. There I just had to go with the flow. And at the end of this unwanted detour, I realized that angels had already come to the rescue…

…To show me kindness for not sparing his (a Korean traveler) 15 baht so that I could take another bus to my final destination because I forgot to change some money along the way. 

…A young couple who gave me a ride from the Frisbee field to the city when vans were no longer available at that time. It was a long ride to take without any taxi to hire as well.

…When I didn’t know what to do, confused with the ways commuter should do, locals were helpful enough to assist me so I’d adopt a lifestyle not my own; easily. 

…The police in Bangkok were also accommodating and that’s very admiring. I feel safer and comfortable to go out even in the middle of the night. 

…And a lot more to tell–and a lot more to say thanks, too.  
  
When I prayed for a journey, it happened. But it took to wander and wonder so that I would meet angels of all kinds to make my journey this time worth reminiscing. If one is only aware even with little, simple things, one’s cup runs over always with thanksgiving. 


No comments: