Tuesday, February 28, 2012

IT’S YOUR CALL


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Now that I am getting old, I need to be creative learning a language. To remember some vocabulary for the day, I must post them anywhere in the house - on the wall, on the door, on the window or anywhere possible to look at. I tried my hardest but I never uttered any discouraging words to keep learners from learning.

Language is very difficult to learn!” one commented. Sad to say I heard more second the motions or amens than people refuting such an idea. 


I heard enough and it's enough. Don’t even listen to this limping conclusion. You still have choices to make – to try it first or just quit. I just don’t understand why there are a lot of learners who aren’t encouraging at all – trying to be modest or really having a difficulty learning languages. After all it’s your call to believe. As for me, I didn’t listen to them.

And my decision was right!


I don’t want to sound harsh to people who are struggling with learning tongues, but I am always cautious that their impression isn’t always true to me or to others. That’s when I said don’t listen to this kind of thought. You have to learn a language to make a decision
.

Believe it or not, I have been learning the 10th language (in my list) since last year. If I listened to people who were not helpful at all, I don’t think I’d be enjoying this long venture.

It’s fun! 


I’m not 40 yet, but I have reached my goal – to learn 10 languages before this particular age comes. One excellent reason was because I gave my self a try and didn’t listen to someone’s antithesis about language learning.


Photobucket
Photobucket


Of course, I do respect every monolingual. And this is not about criticizing one. My simple intention is to refute an idea that language learning is always difficult. It’s not! Think of it as someone is learning a song. It may not always true to every language – at least you get the rising and falling tones or no tones at all. 

As I said, it is just like learning a new song! 

Try it! 


Does age matter? 

Yes and No- at least for me! 


YES in a sense my brain can’t remember a lot of words or phrases anymore unlike my younger years. There were times I felt like an old winged-creature so difficult to flop its wings. It's like every feather is worn out, overused. And that's my real challenge these days. So learn while you are young. Well, I am also open for exceptions here – for those who do not buy this idea. But sorry to say, I am working harder really in learning French because of old age. 

The good news – I am learning. Again it’s your call!


NO in a sense even a granny can still learn a language. I agree that learning is forever. But sad to say it won’t work the way it is when we’ll learn it at our young age. Well, thanks to the word motivation – it always lies on how someone motivates himself or herself to aim a goal. Even so, being a youngster is not always the guarantee to learn things easily. 

It is not!


What important is for you to make a choice – don’t just follow someone’s impression. 

It is always your call. For sure it is! 


Enjoy tongue twister (I mean language learning)!


Photobucket

No comments: