Saturday, November 19, 2011

SIMPLY FATHERING

Photobucket

Not a parent yet, but having a huge responsibility more than one parents can do. Every moment with these kids not my own is but facing different challenges. And who would have thought I would end up my life here – not in my wildest desire. That’s why I am still single.

I used to call it a forced parenting. For some reasons – at first, I came here to train teachers (TESOL) and not family planning; secondly, I was only asked to help revised the curriculum, nothing else; finally, I was hired as an Organization Consultant, then as a Program Director but not a Daddy. None of these responsibilities is at least closed to the definition of parenting.

I used to call it this way, a forced parenting - not anymore.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Now I’m having the privilege in the world, when no one is willing to do so. Life in here is undeniably bittersweet but that’s when I learned generosity and fathering after all. A lot of times I asked “why me?” when I don’t have all the wealth and riches. But then I am reminded of things I have basically – my love for the children, and the love of the Father. And so here I am simply fathering.

Not a parent yet, but it doesn’t take marriage to be a father. Marriage is not the ultimate guarantee to raising kids. Sad to say there are lots of failed marriages out there which also affected their own children. Explicit examples to this are my kids – many of them are growing up having no father around them.

Now I’m joyfully sharing my life for a challenging task – simply fathering. I am so blessed to know that each kid calls me daddy, and that each one of them respects me this way.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Not a parent yet, but I have knowledge to share.

I may not be one of those fathers constitutionally decreed or declared, but I know what a parenting is. I know for sure the importance of not abandoning any child. I know very clear the ultimate purpose of raising-up children in the why they should grow as exhorted in the book of Proverbs.

Not a parent yet but I am simply fathering.

Photobucket

No comments: