Friday, September 2, 2011

BURNING EYEBROWS FOR ANOTHER LANGUAGE

Photobucket

These are no collection of phrase books - they were bought for a reason. With care, I have been keeping them with me for a while since I eyed on languages. Some which I already have learned and some still remain as options next in line.

If you have read my old article about my venture on language learning then you would have known my thoughts by now. And if you haven’t yet, please feel free to browse my previous posting about this – “Thoughts from a Language Learner.”

Now I am on my 10th language. This is one of my goals in life – to be able to speak or simply learn ten languages before forty. Even my self still finds it hard to believe. Once or thrice I‘ve confessed my disbelief of a hero’s extraordinary gift of a tongue. And now I am swallowing my statement back – it is really possible.

But what’s next to learned has been my question for quite sometime.

A Thai language maybe… “Hmmm, sounds interesting.” But no, not yet!

Photobucket

Although I’ve traveled to Thailand several times; unsparingly have bought the book myself; passionately have learned few survival words - sorry to say the language itself hasn’t captured my heart so far.

How about a Japanese language?

It was one in my top lists actually. And like any other languages I eyed on, I learned more than few important phrases. But not this time – I pass.

Let me guess your smart prediction – a challenging Mandarin???

Now that Chinese language is highly considered as the next language that will dominate the tongues; a wise choice must make if one had to venture another lingua in the name of a competitive businesses– but I still don’t get it. Again, I pass!

Why not learn Korean?

That’s a good idea! But I already have learned it including Vietnamese, Spanish and others.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Now I’ve made a choice -
Exactly!

Photobucket

After mellowing down on my Khmer learning (Cambodian language) with various challenges at hand, I am convinced to make another try, a new phase, and a total paradigm shift so to speak.

Now I am back to burning eyebrows – for another French language study.

Wish me luck since I am not getting young any longer.

Photobucket

No comments: