Tuesday, March 3, 2009

STRAIGHT FROM MY HEART



The first time I held a pen in my hand, I knew it I wanted to write something. But what came out were topsy-turvy strokes, incomprehensible blue prints. As I continued to take advantage on those instruments –an old pen and a silver-cigarette paper, the more the frustration was because I could not write anything pleasurable. It was chaotic. And I was a toddler then.

To make the story short, my venture to write something did not end there. Out of that incomprehensible stroke I had learned to write the alphabets, and then a word, and then a phrase, a sentence, a paragraph, until I learned to write my own words as well. And from that experience of a messy blue prints, I realized it was just the beginning of a lifetime call - to write and write and write and write.

Bringing back to mind what I had been through…

I would say writing something is not an easy task indeed. It takes discipline, courage and a lot of hard work. It also takes mood once in a while. Funny, hah?

I would say I also experienced burning my first original composition of poems and songs because I was deceived by a dogmatic Christian not to write secular stuff. I regret. I did! But I can’t bring back what had been burned. It was a lesson learned.

I would say I am very thankful to the Creator for such wonderful gift He has bestowed. My heart is grateful for giving me such passion to write what I had in mind. To write what I think good, noble and pleasant. More than that, a million thanks for the wisdom so I am able to write anything under the sun.

For those who are just beginning to write, keep it up. For those who have been trying, keep trying. For those who have been writing since they had learned to write, don’t stop. For those who have been touching lives through their books, thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences. And to the readers, keep reading.


As you read this collection called “hinang ko” may your life be blessed. Please join me in this journey to the world of writing. Enjoy the reading.

2 comments:

joshua palacio said...

hi.. im looking for some Kolibugan literature for our final requirements. can u please make a literature with translation. gbu too..

BIG AL said...

hi josh,

are u the nephew of Rev. Jun Palacio? Sorry for not attending your comment and request. di ko talga nakita comment mo. busy then. I hope nakahanap ka ng alternative. patawad po. GBU din